Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Eat sh*t and die."

Before you're insulted at my use of profanity or scratch your head as to why I would suggest such a thing... recall back to 1989 when Shirley MacClain told Tom Skeritt this memorable quote in the classic film, Steel Magnolias.  Never seen it? Time to make a plan. 



 
This film is brimming with quotable lines, unbelievable 80's style,
and one extremely moving scene featuring Sally Field.  If you haven't taken the time to see it- put it on the Netflix queue now and plan a sleep over with your best friend. 

Steel Magnolias is a MUST!


My favorite parts of the film included the first act since it was all about Julia Roberts' character's wedding. 

Here are some of my favorite details:


"My colors are blush and bashful!"


Nothing could be more iconic from the film (other than Dolly Parton's hair) than this fabulous
Red Velvet Armadillo Groom's Cake!


Thank the Lord for rollers...


Make time for an evening filled with ice cream and
girlfriends, mothers, daughters, or just yourself and see Steel Magnolias now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note!