Monday, November 8, 2010

Replacements

I'm a vegetarian.  (Gasp!)

Not sure if you knew this, but it's true.  Life-long, true-blue, never-ever liked the texture, taste, or even the look of meat.  Especially red meat.  The smell, on the other hand, has never bothered me.

Being someone who loves food and appreciates a well-rounded pallet, I know that not eating meat makes me kind of a foodie wimp, or at least causes me to lose some street cred.  Ohh well. I'll eat just about any dessert or pastry, so at least I've got that going for me.

+++

Recently, I've found two recipes for traditional meat dishes that substitute the meat, for, well,...not meat.  And not fake meat (which really, is just so grossss), but rather, tasty, hearty ingredients like lentils and mushrooms.



I can't wait to try.  Whaddya think?

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a note!