Friday, July 23, 2010

The Best DIY Wedding Cake EVER!

I love my fiance!  This cake design he drew last night on Microsoft Paint is exactly why: 

Isn't this adorable?!

To match our record themed wedding invitations, Ryan designed our cake to have fondant records cascading across it's edges.  I found the original design inspiration at Brooklyn Bride and with his impressive imagination, he came up with this perfect modification.  I'm so proud!

The best part about our cake is that my mom is making it!  My mom, Jane, who is a stunningly talented self-taught baker, will be using Seattle's famous Macrina Bakery Tuxedo Cake recipe. 

How does this sound for breaking all stereotypes about wedding cake tasting horrible...

"A bittersweet chocolate cake moistened with brandy syrup and filled with alternating layers of ganache and white chocolate buttercream. Frosted with white chocolate cream cheese buttercream topped with chocolate curls."
 
I couldn't be more excited!  If you're coming to our wedding...save room for dessert!

+++

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Thank you for reading my blog! I'm very flattered. I hope you get the egg caddy for your wedding! And I looooove love love your wedding stamp. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Allie! I'll keep my fingers crossed about the egg caddy :)

    Keep in touch!

    st

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note!